Thoughts from places- Beyond the Bonnie Banks

 

With lock down measures still in full force around the world I'm starting to feel a little disappointed that I will not go traveling this year. As such I found myself reading through my travel journal and reminising of a adventure I had a couple of years ago. 

Thoughts from places- Beyond the Bonnie Banks

 

We spent a moment standing on the golden pebbles of the banks at Sollochy, looking out across the vast waters of Loch Lomond. And it really is! Loch Lomond is twenty four miles long, five miles wide and six hundred feet deep. Making it the largest in-land body of water in Britain. Sailing boats bobbed gently in the water in the distance afore the tallest of the mountains.

We began to climb upwards though thick forests of fir and oak trees which towered above us like giants reaching desperate hands up towards blue skies. This path eventually lead us to a view point where beyond a luxuriant green field of ferns, Loch Lomond stretched out before us in all its glory.

The Pathway down lead us though woodland carpeted with bracken, ferns and harebells growing beside a burn, which wound its way through the oak trees. The birds sang and the water gushed over rock, filling the air with their tranquil sounds, and once again I felt as though I had stepped into another world. A world where faeries from Scotland’s folk lore dance and beckon unsuspecting humans into their kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from places- Ghostly Belmont lake